Are You Considering Relocation & Retirement in Florida, But Not Sure Where to Start?
These 5 Buyer Action Steps can Help Guide You Through the New Construction Home Buying Process.
- Get Your Lender Pre-Qualification Letter First. Before you start looking for a home, you should know exactly what your buying power is and know what you’re ideal monthly payment is (and how far you’re willing to stretch yourself without breaking your bank).
- Decide on Your Ideal Community. In real estate, the three most important words are: location, location, location. But choosing the state, city, and neighborhood aren’t the only things to look for. Most buyers are looking for a specific lifestyle that accompanies their new home. What type of amenities are you looking for? What are your favorite recreational activities? How far is the community from those places of interest?
- Home Site Selection. Picking the perfect plot can be a pesky proposition! Alliteration intended 😉 While the floor plan you choose will likely have a lot to do with the site options available, you may still want to consider the advantages of a corner lot (typically lots of back yard space, great for families with small children) vs. the benefits of an interior lot (less mowing area). Other considerations include choosing a water or golf view (more expensive) over a view of your future neighbor’s back yard.
- The Floor Plan. This is one of my favorite selections. With many home models, elevations, and structural design options, you’ll probably be stuck trying to decide which style you like more than the others. If you are planning to stay in the home for the long road, you’ll probably want to consider how the home plan will benefit you today, but also how it can accommodate you in 5 to 10 years from now also.
- Customizing the Construction. New Home Builders generally have design centers where you can select the final touches for your new home plans, from color options to interior finishes. The task can be daunting, but it’s also very exciting too! My advise is relax, take your time, and enjoy the process. This is your opportunity to vision cast your “ideal” environment.
Finding the right city & community can be a challenge, especially when you are relocating from a different region, state, or even a foreign country.
In closing, having a fully-executed action plan will help alleviate stress and enable you to have fun in the home shopping process. Still, with all of the elements to consider, it may be more beneficial for you to have an expert in real estate to guide you through each step of the process.
As a relocation specialist with Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Lifestyles Realty, in Jacksonville, Florida, it would be my privilege to assist you in finding your ideal Florida dream home. Call or text me, cell: (786) 327-6326, for more information about how I may be of service to you.