Check out this new video I made describing revenue generator #1: https://www.wevideo.com/view/2548328675
Hello My Real Estate Friends!
I just finished putting the final touches on this 10-pack startup bundle with templates that you can use right away inside your real estate brokerages. Here’s what’s inside…
- Bonus #1: Listing Consultation Package
- Bonus #2: 8-Week Home Marketing Plan
- Bonus #3: Buyer Consultation Package
- Bonus #4: Open House Package
- Bonus #5: Off-Market Prospecting Guide
- Bonus #6: i-Buyer Marketing Guide
- Bonus #7: Sponsorship Marketing Guide
- Bonus #8: 2022 Marketing Calendar
- Bonus #9: Top 20 Ad Headlines for 2022
- Bonus #10: Agent Recruiting Package
I’m on Instagram as johnwtanner. Install the app to follow my photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=1cq3be9wnoqni&utm_content=ikx2ojd
It’s a New Year, Time for a New Marketing Plan.
I have developed the habit of starting the year off by taking a step back to see the Big Picture 🖼 of what it is that I want to accomplish for the year. What it looks like for me in 2022 is a guy playing 7 chess ♟ games at the same time: real estate investor; real estate consultant; real estate brokerage owner; writer/marketer; lawyer; filmmaker; and musician. That’s a lot to juggle! 🤹♂️
When planning for your year ahead, do you find it best to compartmentalize each project?
I do! 🗂 So, this happened a couple days ago…
The heading says “business plan” but it’s really a top-down view of my marketing plan. Here’s how it works.
Start at the Top!
Rather than do what the others are doing, starting at the bottom of the pyramid and working their way up, I’ve taken the advice of one of my new quasi-mentors, Kathryn Porritt of Business Bravery to start at the top!
1. Top-of-Funnel Prospecting:
For me, the top-of-the-funnel is comprised of two types of ideal clients: platinum clients (those who own businesses and earn over $1MM per year) and premium clients (those who have salaried positions, usually at the c-suite, and earn between $200K to $999,999 per year).
Q: How Do I Reach Them?
The answer is multi-channel marketing. This includes:
- Direct mail,
- Social media ads,
- Custom FB audience (OWL + Batchskiptrace + RPR),
- SunBiz.org (FL business owner),
- SBA.gov (National business owner search),
- Branding ads,
- Press releases (PRNewswire), and
- Book tours
2. Middle-of-Funnel Prospecting:
This is akin to a database of your standard clientele (income < $200K per year). You’ll be able to reach them using Omni-present Marketing as well, but using different media and channels. Here’s a sample:
- YouTube videos,
- Udemy courses,
- Kajabi courses,
- Email list,
- Paid traffic on fiverr,
- Publishing one book a year,
- 365 days of blog posts,
- TV show,
- Seminars & webinars,
- Instructor courses live,
- Business cards and brochures,
- Booths at trade shows and association conferences,
- Booths at arts & crafts festivals,
- Sponsorship branding,
- Pop-up kiosks at the mall,
- Direct mail (postcards) campaign,
- Brand advertisement at the movies,
- Hotel magazine ads,
- Airline magazine ads, and
- Local and National real estate investor ads.
3. Bottom-of-Funnel Prospecting:
Since we’ve already covered everyone using income bracketing, let’s just say that anyone who has not yet been exposed to your brand (aka Cold Traffic) is, by default, within this container. The objective here is to ✈️ taxi all cold leads onto your Brand RAMP (read Professional Services Marketing by Shultz and Doerr) so that all prospects will recognize, articulate, memorize, and prefer your products and/or services. 🛫
Over to you. What does your marketing plan for 2022 look like? Does any of this resonate with you? Chime in! 🛎
I’m excited to announce that my newest book is now available! If you are a real estate agent who has been thinking about becoming a broker and opening your own boutique real estate brokerage, then this book is for you.
This New Resource Includes:
✔️ Step-by-Step Instructions for Writing Your Entrefluential Broker Business Plan
✔️ The Entrefluential Marketing Plan: Five Core Pillars of Marketing That Every Real Estate Brokerage Should Deploy in Their Business
✔️ Sample Startup and Monthly Operating Expenses, and more…
As I sat here pondering my last breakup, which took place over six years ago in case you were curious, I quickly realized that the song I was listening to at that moment (shown above) was absolutely a perfect fit for how I was feeling. How about that? And then another song came on that was another perfect fit!
“Things get damaged. Things get broken.” How fitting. 🤔
Anyway, I have had to put Up! Foundations on hold due to my taking a full time job as a middle school English teacher. 👨🏫 The good news is that I get 2 weeks off in December, so I’m going to have time to work on the next module. (I’m very sorry if you’ve been waiting for it these past few months.) 🤦🏻♂️
I guess that’s all I have to report for now. Hope everyone is doing super good and that you are enjoying the holidays! ❄️☃️ (I am!)
Are you an aspiring real estate agent or sales professional, but have been struggling with low self-esteem or minimal self-confidence? (Me too! That’s why I created this course.)
New Release: Up! Foundations
When I enrolled in my first real estate licensing class when I was 19 (almost 30 years ago) I had no idea that I would run into obstacles and make excuses for my failures in my chosen profession – embarrassingly far too many times to count.
I even began teaching sales and marketing skills in 2015 and watching many of my own students flourish, while I was still stalled with others like me.
So, of course I wondered, “What is the difference between those sales agents who thrive and those who falter?”
The answer I came to understand is in our mindset and routines. That’s it! Sounds simple enough, right?
Hmm. (Maybe too simple, you think?)
If you’re curious about my discovery, I invite you to watch a sample video from my new series Up! Foundations and see if this TRUTH resonates with you.
If so, I am here and I’m willing to be your guide. I’m on the same journey, with the same damn struggles, as you. And I’ve studied A LOT of things about this profession. 📖📚🤓
But this course isn’t for everyone.
If your cup is already full, then I can’t add to it. Nobody can. But if you have a willingness to learn, then you can do this, I promise!
In fact, it’s primarily for real estate agents who have NOT been successful in real estate yet. But let me warn you, if that’s you I guarantee that your “reactive mind” is going to try to talk you out of watching the video or enrolling in the course.
Call it your safety mechanism if you want, but I prefer to call it what it is: self-sabotaging behavior.
Thank you for watching.
Yours in Success,
P.S. You Can Register for Up! Foundations Here 👇
Begin Each Day With Gratitude!
As part of my morning motivation ritual, after pouring a cup of coffee, I review my list of ten things that I am thankful for.
Can you think of some things you are thankful for? (How about the air you breathe? Or the ability to read this blog post?) What are some things you want, that you will be thankful for when you achieve them? Now blend them together…
Infuse Your Gratitude List With the Power of Visualization and Auto-Suggestion.
My personal gratitude list is mostly forward thinking – I visualize the goals I want to achieve and then express gratitude for having achieved them (the power of positive thinking). If you can dream it, you can achieve it! (At least that’s what I’m hoping to prove.)
10 Things I’m Thankful For:
- I am thankful that I have reached the top 10% of the most successful real estate agents on earth.
- I am thankful that I am wealthy in finances and have a very high quality of life. In fact, because iron over $5 million per year, I am able to give 90% of my income away in tithes and offerings, and other charitable contributions, and I live exceedingly well on the remaining 10%!
- I am thankful that I have very high self-esteem and high value self-worth.
- I am thankful that I have always been positively influenced by others who are excellent teachers and remodels to me.
- I am thankful that I am a positive, influential role model to others and that I am making a positive lifetime impact on them.
- I am thankful that I am a master in real estate investments and have an outstanding portfolio to give to my family.
- I am very happy and thankful that money comes to me and increasing quantities through multiple income streams on a continual basis, such as earning income from: (1) Health supplements, (2) Real estate brokerage services, (3) Real estate investments, (4) online courses, (5) subscription coaching & group mentoring, (6) instructor work, (7) subscription VOD TV shows, (8) affiliate income, (9) JV partnerships, (10) Brand deals, (11) speaking engagements, seminars, and webinars, and (12) book sales.
- I am thankful that I get to travel around the world to explore new cultures and meet new people, to participate in missionary trips, and be a light to others at speaking engagements, seminars, and retreats.
- I am thankful that my son loves our Heavenly Father and is making a positive impact on the lives of others as their role model.
- I am thankful that I have an amazing wife who loves our Heavenly Father with all her heart, who is intelligent, adventurous, and hard-working, who has a great sense of humor, and who accepts me fully just as I am, she really is beautiful (on the inside and out) and she is the best life partner I could ever ask for.
Now it’s your turn. What are you thankful for?
Do you wake up every morning feeling excited about the day ahead of you? Honestly, sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t. That’s why I find it helpful to engage in a self-motivation ritual that helps me raise my energy level to start the day with a sense of optimism, hope, and joyfulness. And you can do it too!
How I Do It:
I have several reminders set on my cell phone (41 at present) to alert me at 6am. Each reminder carries different positive messages or tasks that I must accomplish, such as rehearsing my real estate sales scripts for working with buyers and sellers.
Today, I’d like to share with you 15 self-esteem affirmations. I use these to overcome my low self-esteem (something that I have come to realize I had developed growing up in a ‘challenging and toxic’ environment, to put it nicely.
Over time, the conscious activity of repeating positive affirmations will transfer the information from your conscious mind to your subconscious mind, also known as “auto-suggestion,” and will morph from thoughts to words, to actions, to habits, to character, to a new destiny. So, without further delay…
15 Self-Esteem Affirmations
- I add quality and value to my life and to the lives of others.
- I do what makes me feel alive.
- I enjoy spending time in quiet places.
- I have the courage to map out my own life.
- I believe in myself, even when no one else does.
- I am gifted in unique ways.
- I feel accepted and loved.
- I am independent.
- I accept myself completely.
- I embrace myself fully and joyfully.
- I am superior to my old self.
- I never underestimate my abilities.
- I embrace self-acceptance.
- I have the right mental attitude for success.
- I enjoy helping other people.
I hope you find these affirmations useful. To get the most out of them, I recommend that you read them three times a day for 21 days (morning, midday, and before bedtime.)
To your success!