1. Bayside Marketplace in Downtown Miami. While you’re there, be sure to check out Island Queen Cruises for a tour of the city from this entertaining water taxi.
2. Try some Cuban Coffee. My favorite places to buy Cuban coffee are: La Carreta, Latin American, Sergio’s, and Versailles.
3. Visit the Design District/Wynwood Art District in Midtown Miami.
4. Take a step back in time at Viscaya in Coconut Grove.
5. Go loco for CocoWalk in Coconut Grove.
6. Relax with the urbanites at Blue Martini in Mary Brickell Village – Downtown Miami.
7. Indulge in the springtime festivals with all of the latin-infused sights, sounds, and flavors of this elite Mediterranean neighborhood, or take a stroll down the illuminated sidewalks of Miracle Mile in December, view the impressive Poinsettia Christmas Tree in front of City Hall, and be sure to visit the family friendly winter wonderland at Merrick Park; you’re bound to bask in the old world charm of Coral Gables, whatever time of year.
8. Take a ride on the Rickenbacker Causeway and visit Key Biscayne.
Make sure to visit the beaches at Crandon Park, the Lighthouse at Bill Baggs State Park, and the dolphins at the Miami Seaquarium.
9. Have some fun in the sun at Oleta River State Park in North Miami Beach, then try your luck at the casino in The Village of Gulfstream Park in Hallandale Beach.
10. Don’t leave Miami empty-handed, get your shopping on at The Village of Merrick Park in Coral Gables, Bal Harbor Shops in Sunny Isles Beach, or find some great discounts at the outlets in West Miami, The Dolphin Mall in Doral.
Bonus Selection: if you’re looking for more to do, take a road trip down US-1 and visit the Florida Keys!
For more images and destinations in South Florida, visit www.pinterest.com/johnwtanner